Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues. Our purpose is to help the great value-creating organizations of the world play a more successful role in society.
We advise on critical issues at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Founded in London in 1987, Brunswick’s global partnership has grown organically to 23 offices in 14 countries. We began as a M&A and financial communications firm and, over time, expanded our capabilities and expertise to crisis communications and communications on other business critical issues. We invested in new offices, sectors and a wider variety of offers for clients such as public and regulatory affairs, major litigation, business and society, cyber, employee engagement and digital. Our in-house creative agency, Merchant Cantos, delivers creative, visual content for clients.
We rank number 1 in the world over the last five years by global deal value and global deal volume and were named Band 1 advisors in the U.S. and the UK earlier this year by Chambers and Partners, the legal rankings service, as one of the very top communications firms offering legal and litigation support work.
Our CEO is Neal Wolin, based in Washington, D.C. Our Chairman is Sir Alan Parker, based in London.
Brunswick Group is seeking a Director with experience at developing strategic digital and social media campaigns to join the team in New York, supporting clients across the US. Directors are able to leverage their own specialized skills and backgrounds while operating in Brunswick’s generalist environment.
Responsibilities May Include But Are Not Limited To
Client Contribution & Handling
- Deliver strategic advice to clients, drawing on specialist communications expertise and depth of professional advisory experience
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the clients’ business and strategic communications issues
- Influentially engage with key stakeholders
- Monitor level of account profitability and intervene as necessary
- Write thoughtful, well-structured content; consider audience in style and tone of communications
- Express a point of view in a thoughtful manner; able to analyze and distil complex information
- Exhibit and exercise discretion
- Explain digital tools and platforms to non-expert audience in an engaging and accessible way
- Question and challenge in a constructive way; present unpopular ideas confidently
- Support new business opportunities; along with partners, apply knowledge and experience to lead well-run pitch teams and drive the pitch preparation
- Use deep knowledge of key sectors to promote new business approaches and ideas
- Identify new opportunities to deliver other Brunswick expertise to existing clients; actively pursue and secure extensions of client relationships
- Build and maintain strong external networks in order to deliver valuable insight to clients and the Firm
- Actively and effectively manage account teams; drive day-to-day account activity
- Foster development of team members’ skills and client handling ability by identifying new challenges and encouraging team to stretch where appropriate
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 10-15+ years of experience in digital communications; corporate communication experience required, experience in a client handling role preferred
- Experience managing teams of five or more people
- Experience leveraging and measuring efforts on social media platforms to achieve business objectives, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with digital tools including monitoring / analytics systems e.g. Radian6, Sysomos, Sprinklr, Spreadfast, Brandwatch and Google Analytics
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail; client service-orientation
- Ability to operate in fast pace, client service environment
- Exceptional research, writing and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Energetic team player
- Exhibit discretion with confidential client matters
- Thorough understanding of business and finance
- A true digital advisor with significant experience at an agency
- Gravitas and clear leadership skills
- Excellent communicator with high energy and a strong work ethic
- Solid team ethic – someone who will invest in the people around them and draw/build resource
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative and team-oriented – it’s a “roll your sleeves up environment”
- Adept at navigating and succeeding within high-performance environments
- High emotional intelligence and strong personal impact
- Commercial acumen and professional polish
- Terrific sense of humor