The Staff Accountant will help the Digital Finance Team prepare journal entries with analysis of the general ledger for Month-End-Close, review financial reporting to insure operations are presented accurately on a monthly, quarterly and year to date basis, reconcile balance sheet accounts on a timely manner after the close, aid to the FP&A side of the team for Forecasting, Budgeting and ad-hoc reporting after the Month-End-Close. We are looking for a team player, a candidate that is willing to help out others on our Finance Team. A candidate that takes ownership of the responsibilities given. A candidate that has great communication skills as this position will include explaining transactions to management.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare journal entries for monthly, quarterly and annual financial closings in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet account reconciliations in which you will detect and resolve discrepancies.
- Analyze profit and loss statements to make sure revenue, expenses, and EBITDA are presented accurately.
- Assist with internal and external Annual Audits.
- Prepare Monthly Bank reconciliations.
- Assist FP&A team with forecasting, budgeting and pacing.
- Perform ad hoc reports and assignments, quite often on short notice as requested by the VP or CFO
- Coordinate with our Sales Department to ensure new products being sold are accurately reflected on General Ledger.
More About You:
Required And Preferred
- B.S. Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2+ years working in corporate finance, podcast, media, or tech.
- Advanced proficiency in MS excel, MS dynamics, QuickBooks, MS word, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Gmail.
- Critical thinking, Strong numeracy and analytical skills, Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Pursuant to NYC’s Vaccination Workplace Requirement, employers may not allow any unvaccinated workers to work at their workplace. Therefore, we require all incoming employees who will be working in our New York City offices to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com , Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.