Boston Globe Media is seeking an Analyst who will be an integral part of the Digital Analytics team, which primarily focuses on the Boston Globe and Boston.com digital properties. The team is responsible for providing analysis and strategy recommendations to inform and measure business decisions that increase digital subscription revenue and advertising revenue. This position will report to the Manager of Digital Analytics.
- Manage recurring reporting: Design and deliver weekly/monthly reports – audience profiles, performance dashboards and provide guidance to aid decision making for functional teams (Marketing, Product, Sales, Editorial). Reporting includes web, mobile apps and competitive data.
- Answer ad hoc requests: Respond to ad hoc data requests including information on site and app traffic, readers’ online behavior, and site performance.
- Provide input on project KPIs: Determine the proper measures of success, and provide data readouts and recommendations on web projects.
- Collaborate with various teams: Work closely with Marketing, Product, Sales and Editorial to drive decisions that align with business goals while optimizing user experience by providing key audience insights.
- Contribute to strategy: Provide insight into audience behavior in order to drive site updates and initiatives that increase digital subscription revenue and/or advertising revenue.
- Support testing initiatives: Work with Marketing to design and track A/B and multivariate tests.
- Assist with tracking plans and QA: Work with members of the Analytics and Development teams to evaluate placement of tags on the websites/mobile apps and assist in QA. Ensure ongoing data quality and help identify and investigate any potential data issues.
- 2+ years of experience but strong entry-level candidates and those with comparable course work considered
- Solid knowledge of or desire to master web analytics tools and deliver data analysis is required
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, math or statistics, computer science or engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Highly motivated to excel with minimal supervision
- Intellectual curiosity
- Fluency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with reporting/analytics tools, particularly Adobe Analytics, is strongly preferred; experience with Mobile Apps, Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, ComScore, or Tableau a plus
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
This position will start as a remote position but, following the office’s 2022 reopening plan, will be located in the Boston headquarters.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.