At DISH, our technology teams challenge the status quo and reimagine capabilities across industries. From product development to software design to big data and beyond, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow.
About The Position
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Our mission is to build a modern, hybrid cloud enterprise platform for all DISH to consume. Our environment is…
- Highly elastic
- Based on some of the latest and greatest cloud native technologies
- Very fast paced
You will be…
- Enabling CI/CD for a large complex set of diverse applications
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments
- Articulate business justification and list benefits of various initiatives to the senior management.
- Stakeholder and Partner Management.
- Proven ability to break down, analyze, troubleshoot, and identify the root cause of issues.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Fluent in Linux basic shell commands
- Evangelizing the adoption of new DevOps and SDLC tools and capabilities within the Dish Network development community
- Partnering with peer technology organizations to harness and leverage solutions and innovations in the areas of DevOps/Cloud Engineering (like Docker, Kubernetes, Open shift) and Deployment (Ansible, Argo CD etc.,) Skill Set Proficiency in DevOps/Agile tools like Atlassian Suite, Ansible, JIRA Boards, Jenkins, GIT-CI, Argo CD, Consul, Vault, Maven, Gradle and AWS
- Familiar with Performance Engineering tools like JMeter, LoadRunner Qualifications/Criterion Soft
Skills, Experience And Requirements
Technologies in our environment:
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with the better.
- AWS / Google Cloud / Azure
- Cloud Native tools: Kubernetes / Docker / Rancher / Consul / Vault / Jenkins / Terraform / Helm / gRPC / Istio / Envoy/ Kong/ Linux
- CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab-ci, Jenkins, Artifactory, Atlassian Cloud, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, OWASP
- Observability: New Relic, Prometheus, Kiali, Calico, Jaeger, Logz, Grafana
- Salt Stack / Chef / Ansible / Puppet (Optional)
- Confluent Stack / Kafka / ELK Stack / Couchbase / Cassandra / Rabbit MQ / PostGreSQL / Elasticsearch
- Automated testing of applications & Continuous Integration / TDD / BDD
- CI / CD & DevOps Culture
- 12 Factor Applications
- Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations & patterns
A successful Senior Core Platform Engineer will:
- Be available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT or Englewood, CO offices
- Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master’s degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Have 5+ years of professional enterprise development, operations, SRE,
- Have experience building and managing large, highly available enterprise grade cloud based platforms
- 6+ years of development or technical support experience
- Experience in UNIX/LINUX
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
- Hands on experience in Java/Perl/Python/Shell scripts
- Knowledge of Java based distributed systems
- Ability to write intermediate level database queries. SQL skills.
- Experience with cloud computing and automation using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience scripting in modern program languages (i.e. Python, Groovy, Ruby, Bash)
Compensation: $115,500.00/Year – $165,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.