Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About The Team
The Detection & Prevention team is responsible for designing and implementing preventative controls and detective strategies to mitigate fraud risks and optimize trusted customer journeys across Robinhood’s product ecosystem. This team enables our Product teams to deliver safe and trusted products and customer experiences at-scale and at-speed, by defining customer identity and fraud controls into the design of those products, and continually optimizing those controls to balance business goals with ongoing fraud threats.
What You’ll Do Day-to-day
- Build consensus with product, engineering, security, and customer experience teams to define targeted controls for known and potential fraud threats and risks
- Proactively find opportunities for control improvements and coordinate with leadership in order to prioritize and drive changes accordingly
- Build and maintain an inventory of fraud prevention and mitigation controls, including the ability to monitor and manage the effectiveness of those controls
- Provide guidance to product and engineering teams on product design features and customer experience considerations for fraud and identity
- Coordinate cross-functional teams of SMEs to analyze new product vulnerabilities and control proposals
- Lead the process of threat assessments to identify risks in customer-facing products and features, and conduct formal risk and control assessments
- Review metrics and dashboards to monitor controls and their effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide subject matter expertise in current and emerging fraud typologies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years working in fraud, identity, risk, or trust and safety industry
- Experience coordinating multiple workflows between fraud engineering, product, and customer experience teams
- Experience with fraud controls, rule building, and analytics across multiple products and spanning the full account lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders to drive initiatives and effect change
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously with ongoing reporting and communication requirements
- Experience with financial services fraud typologies
- Experience executing the details and continuously improving processes
- Experience leading cross-functional projects in a startup environment
- Crypto experience
- Account security experience
- SQL experience
CO Residents: In Colorado, the base pay for this position ranges from $85000 – $110000.
NYC Residents: In NYC, the base pay for this position ranges from $115000 – $135000.
This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus and participation in Robinhood’s equity plan.
Base pay is determined by market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Please note, some of our roles are open to additional levels which would impact the expected base pay.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click Here To Learn More About Robinhood’s Benefits.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.