Design Consultant – Orlando, FL Area
The Best Experience Company
Our tagline is “The Best Experience Company.” More than just a set of words, it represents the essence of who we are at Springs Window Fashions. As North America’s premier window covering company, we’re committed to creating the Best Experience for our associates, consumers and end users, business partners, and communities. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of Best Experience opportunities. So, if you’re excited about the thought of a Best Experience career with a team focused on creating Best Experiences for all, we want to hear from you!
Your Best Career Experience
As a Design Consultant you will play a foundational part of the company’s success. You’ll be responsible for generating revenue by driving and managing profitable sales of our leading brands and Best Experience services. Your passion for sales and interior design will drive your success as a Design Consultant with the Springs’ Retail Sales team. Innovative new product offerings, sales growth, and expansion into new markets has created tremendous opportunity for professional growth and career advancement at Springs. A role as a Design Consultant is a great entry point for a starting career at Springs Window Fashions!
Your Best Career Experience Responsibilities
You will be responsible for working closely with our big box retail partners and their Shop-at-Home program leads to close sales for custom shutters, blinds, and shades. The Design Consultant will use their passion for interior design and décor to help consumers find the perfect window covering solution for their home while providing a best experience. This role requires frequent day travel within an assigned territory. Here’s a bit more about what you can expect your time to look like:
- 85% – Conduct In-Home sales consultations while assisting and educating customers with the best window covering selections for their home – facilitate the in-home quoting and selling process. Finalize sales by submitting order on behalf of customers.
- 10% – Work closely with Big Box Retailers – Associates, Store and Dept. Managers, District and Regional Managers in educating, motivating and training staff in our programs. You will have supporting relationships with a Springs Field Sales Representative and Window Treatment Installer in your territory to help you drive store leads.
- 5% – Communication and Planning
What Spring’s Best Experience Means For You
Setting the bar so high means our work is never done. Springs Window Fashions offers incredible opportunities to develop sales skills in a fast-paced consumer products company. We offer a newly designed training program to ensure our recent hired associates are starting their sales career with the right resources and tools to be successful.
- Valuable hands-on experience with big box retailers: focused on selling and customer service
- Paid on-the-job training; in-depth product knowledge sessions via online courses, live online classes, and live sessions in store
- Competitive base salary plus bonus and top-notch benefits
- Compensation for commuting expenses
- Exposure to other roles and functions within SWF
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company vehicle provided
What We’re Looking For
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years of previous related work experience preferred
- May require local licensing in some municipalities
- Inspiring and persuasive communication/presentation skills, with the ability to influence a broad range of people and personalities
- Excel in high-pressure work environment that demands careful and meticulous attention to detail with emphasis on multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Some experience on color in the home and love of interior design; previous window treatment experience a plus
- Consumer expectation setting and managing the consumer shop at home experience. Must have excellent soft personal skills in addition to selling and window covering knowledge
- Ability to assess jobsite and identify most appropriate solutions (squareness of windows, installation or operating obstacles, application conditions, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office, mobile devices, email, CRM and the ability to learn and use new apps.
- Ability to use a tape or digital measure and provide accurate dimensions for quoting and ordering
How We Work to Deliver a Best Experience: Our Behavioral Competencies
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drive Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Instill Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Consumer/Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking – Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement