Growing Los Angeles and Atlanta-based game team is looking for a motivated professional to work in a fast-paced highly collaborative environment as our Deployment Project Manager! The Deployment Project Manager (DPM) is a critical function within the product team that collaborates very closely with the Executive Producer, Product Managers, and GM on the product.The DPM ensures products and game services are at highest level of quality across all platforms and with all applicable languages to safeguard broad and deep consumer reach.
The DPM is the point person for all Build, Localization, QA and Submissions operations related to the individual project that they are assigned. They know the games inside and out, and can describe in detail exactly how features and designs are supposed to function – or figure out how to get that information. By regularly communicating with product managers, producers, developers and other project stakeholders, the DPM advises our remote Quality and Localization partner teams and ensures Scopely games are properly distributed to the appropriate internal and external audiences at all times, localized where required, and thoroughly swept to be of the highest quality for commercial launch.
What you will do:
- Develop QA Resource Plans, Release Criteria Sign-off, Capacity Planning, Certification, and Risk Management.
- Create documentation to track projects against, including SDK testing tutorials, and new feature spec breakdowns.
- Manage the JIRA bug database, communicate issues to partners, and send regular status reports to both project and executive team members.
- Setup projects and approve testing plans and new test cases in Test Rail.
- Be responsible for QA signoff for all critical milestones.
- Manage test accounts across AppCenter, Facebook, Google Play, and Testflight.
- Train embedded and external functional QA testing teams and their output.
- Maintain all builds and build distributions for your project.
- Own the localization process, including localization QA planning and execution.
- Own the release process, including management of your project listing in App Store Connect, the Google Play Developer Console.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the QA teams, external vendors and all development partners
- Work with marketing to coordinate submission needs
What you will need:
- Degree level education or equivalent experience.
- Passion for mobile games and experience working on games as a live service.
- 3 years of managerial experience in a functionality QA PM or Manager function that encompasses iOS and Android projects.
- Minimum 5 years of QA experience.
- Proven ability to manage a test team both internally and remotely.
- Experience working in an internal or distributed QA environment.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of project management and software development methodologies.
- Previous experience in building test plans and capacity plans.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both written and verbally.
- Ability to understand user story writing and its relationship to acceptance criteria
- A proactive mindset to identify risks and execute solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in JIRA, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and build distribution management systems (AppCenter).
- Familiarity with the Google Play Developer Console and AppStoreConnect.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with QA automation tools is a plus
- Experience working in Agile environments is a plus
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit scopely.com.