GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products, and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
What we do: What We Do_ the Customer Experience at GMS (1).mp4
Why should you come work at Tamarack Materials?!
- STARTING PAY $26-28/HOUR!
- EARN $250 quarterly SAFETY BONUS!
- Home every night
- Overtime pay after 8 hrs worked daily
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Annual safety boot reimbursement allowance
- Advancement opportunities at locations throughout the USA
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Critical illness
- Legal services
- Accident insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Paid parental leave
- Access to our discount marketplace!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Tamarack Materials, Inc. Delivery Drivers are responsible for driving commercial trucks on behalf of the Company to deliver building materials to residential and commercial job sites. Work as a team to carry and load/unload heavy materials providing a world class customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive commercial motor vehicles on public roads and highways (including federal interstates and state roads), private property, and potentially to out of state job sites
- Compliance of company, state and federal guidelines particularly as it relates to OSHA and DOT for the safety of all personnel
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Perform pre-trip inspection of truck and trailer, equipment, paperwork, and loaded product to ensure accuracy of order before leaving the yard
- Map and setup the route to the job site before leaving the yard
- Confirm delivery location and any special instructions with the customer upon arrival to the jobsite
- Safely unload and deliver materials while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
- Immediately report all accidents and customer property damage to the Dispatcher and/or Yard Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma preferred
- Valid commercial drivers license required
- Three-year motor vehicle history report must meet Company requirements
- Overall knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
- Boom or crane experience preferred
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with coworkers and customers
- Ability to read and accurately follow instructions from customers
- Ability to judge distance while delivering materials and/or operating boom
- Stamina to continuously lift, carry, and move at least 100 lbs. in order to carry materials
- Must be able to remain in stationary position while driving commercial vehicle 20% of the shift
- Constantly, moving and unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, operates commercial motor vehicle and/or boom vehicle
- Constantly, positions self to unload and load materials from flatbed or boom
- Constantly, working in an outside environment in all weather conditions while making deliveries
- Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customers delivery window of time
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER