We are looking for people from all over the world to participate in some of our many exciting work-from-home opportunities. These opportunities range from simple surveys that can be completed in less than one hour to ongoing projects that last for months or longer. Leverage your social media interest, mobile device savviness, your college degree in linguistics, online research skills, or passion for images, video, or audio. With so many diverse projects, chances are we’ve got something for you.
Appen contributors conduct in-depth internet-based research and provide information evaluation for leading companies from around the globe. Ideal candidates are self-reliant, self-motivated, are very internet savvy, have a broad range of interests, and enjoy online research and evaluation.
Here are examples of some of the opportunities that may be available:
Search Media Evaluation
Social Media Evaluation
Survey and Data Collection (Short projects that last from 15 minutes to three hours)
Linguistic Specialties (Text to Speech, Computational, Phonetics, Pronunciation, Annotation, etc.)
Image Annotation and/or Transcription
Sensor Data Annotation i.e., LiDAR, Radar, etc.
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills
- High-speed internet access (Cable Modem, DSL, etc.)
- A personal computer running Google’s free Chrome web browser, version 45 or newer, or, for some assignments, specific mobile devices – i.e., smartphones, tablets, etc.
- You must be smart, curious, and enjoy online research.
- You must pass a qualification exam on many projects to make sure you understand the requirements.
- You must be a motivated, self-driven, organized individual, and you should do well.
Communication Skills Development
Writing Skills Development