Why G/O Media?
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
At G/O Media, we are seeking a coach/player to work with our talented team. This is a great opportunity for a senior backend engineer who wants to transition to a management role. You get to work with different areas of software development, Big Data pipelines, A/B testing, personalized recommendation engines and real-time alerting. We embrace service oriented architecture in the implementation of all core platform features. Our platform runs on AWS and Google Cloud Platform, our deployments are automated.
Technologies We Use
- Play framework
- AWS services
What Will You Be Doing
- Work with our data science team on ETL and data delivery
- Help us finetune and improve our data pipeline
- As an innovative builder, you will partner with others in Product, DevOps and Business to work on our first party data Platform.
- At least 3 years in a data engineering role, or a backend engineering/devops role with a focus on data
- Strong Python and SQL skills
- Experience working with small data science teams
- Familiarity with analytics and/or adtech is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing
- Strong communication skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.