As an important member of Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management , the Relationship Manager acts as the primary point of contact for assigned clients. This individual is responsible for the management and monitoring of the relationship ensuring a consistent positive client experience including working with the team to ensure all commitments are completed and followed through in a timely manner . In this role you will report directly to the Business Operations Manager.
This position requires a pro-active approach and ability to independently carry out the duties of the position. The ideal candidate should exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, good judgment, and ability to take initiative. The ability to effectively manage time and multi-task with attention to detail is critical to this role.
- ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participate in all assigned Wealth Advis o r client meetings.
- Demonstrate the ability to escalate potential client issues to Wealth Advis o r as appropriate.
- Actively document all notes and action items during client meetings and ensure all commitments made by the Wealth Advis o r are being completed in a timely manner.
- Review task assignments for each client and work directly with team members to ensure all follow-up and action items as a result of client meetings are documented in Salesforce and completed within the specified time frame.
- A ctively engage in Client Case Prep meetings, providing recommendations and feedback relative to the client’s financial plan as appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing statements, forecasting review data, developing a meeting agenda format, creating presentations, case documentation, and deliverables for all assigned clients.
- Manage developing and maintaining suitability documentation utilizing client file standards.
- Ensure compliance notation is adhered to; demonstrate suitable and appropriate recommendations to ensure quality standards, including full and fair disclosure. Initiate, process, and follow-up on new business.
Client Relationship Management
- Act as the primary point of contact for all client interactions, working with team members to ensure a timely response to all client questions and concerns.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with existing firm clients to ensure client satisfaction.
Professional Growth & Development
- Provide thoughts and feedback relative to operational procedures for servicing clients including making recommendations for increased efficiency within the current process.
III. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
Experience And Education
- A Bachelor’s degree is required .
- Must have 3-5 years working in a Client Service role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial industry.
- Series 7 and Series 66 OR Series 65 preferred.
Skills And Knowledge
- Demonstrates analytical ability, good judgment, problem solving, responsibility, personal integrity, and is able to work with confidential information on a daily basis.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive professional attitude and demeanor.
- Must be able to exercise judgment, tact, and diplomacy on behalf of supervisors when dealing with other executives and levels of management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient in Google Apps
- Experience in Salesforce highly desired.
- Excellent customer service, good oral and written communication skills.
- Professional and articulate with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and independently to see projects through to conclusion.
- Excellent time management, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and anticipate potential problems.