Patterson isn’t just a place to work, it’s a partner that cares about your success.
One of the distinguishing marks of our company is the talented people who embrace the people-first, always advancing, and results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds in this motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they build a stronger and successful organization.
As a Customer Service Representative (CSR) for Animal Health International, you are responsible for assisting internal and external customers and sales representatives with order entry with professionalism, skill, and expediency.
Customer Service Representative also places outbound calls to existing customers to identify and suggest additional products and increase sales and services. The Customer Service Representative works closely with Territory Representatives, Branch Offices and Customer Lists for lead generation.
- Develop strong working relationships across the business/functions, as well as with customers and manufacturing partners.
- Provide impeccable customer service and sales support; respond to customer queries, answer questions and solve problems in a timely fashion.
- Communicate any pertinent information received from customers to the outside sales representative or appropriate management.
- Identify customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and/or solutions.
- Accurately process and ensure accuracy of customer transactions in order entry system such as orders, quotes, returns, etc.
- Maintain accurate customer and territory records, facility records, and document all customer interaction.
- Generation of reports
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery.
- Accurately maintain and ensure regulatory guidelines are met according to Company, State, and Federal policies.
- Gain understanding of and adhere to Accounts Receivables policies and practices.
- Verify price and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customer profitability profiles.
- Multitask and work within multiple computer systems and communication platforms simultaneously.
- Maintain a current knowledge of company products, policies and procedures.
In addition to the essential functions listed below, the incumbent may perform the following additional functions.
- Upgrade telephone orders.
- Introducing and promoting new products during calls.
- Identify opportunities to increase sales through suggesting additional products based on past purchases and complimentary products.
- Suggests additional products based on past purchases and complimentary products.
- Initiate and complete follow up activities to close sales opportunities.
- Utilize selling processes and techniques to increase sales.
- Perform other customer service representative III duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Proven customer service and organizational skills
- Measurable accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Observable effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Animal health industry, veterinary or production animal experience.
- Proficiency in SAP or related ERP
What’s In It For You
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.