The role can be based in either in Seattle (Washington), HQ2 Arlington (Virginia), Southern California (Irvine, Santa Monica or San Diego), Austin (Texas) or Nashville (Tennessee). Other USA Amazon offices could be possible.
The omnichannel Amazon Fresh Customer Insights team is looking for an individual with a strong market research background and a passion for solving unique problems to help us drive world class market research, and invent the future of grocery with our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead primary research studies (leveraging both qualitative and quantitative methods) to inform category, marketing, pricing and selection recommendations for Amazon Fresh (in-store and online).
- Design questionnaires and guides, interpret data, craft meaningful narratives, and make business-oriented recommendations.
- Connect dots from multiple data sources and primary research to inform pricing and selection strategies and identify growth opportunities for key category and merchant teams.
- Monitor and publish insights from syndicated data sources like Nielsen, IRI around category, food insights and trends.
- Design scalable and nimble mechanisms that aide in socialization of selection and pricing research data.
A successful candidate in this role is someone who is curious and customer obsessed, with a high amount of analytical horsepower and an ability to earn people’s trust. The candidate must have strong business acumen, an outstanding ability to communicate clearly and be ready to roll up his or her sleeves to analyze raw data and make recommendations. The ideal person for this role enjoys building things from scratch and recognizes that the true measure of success of her/his work is based on the business impact the findings have over time.
Our business is more startup than big company, with a high pace and degree of ambiguity. You should be comfortable with change, embrace the opportunity to wear many hats, and relish the chance to solve hard problems in short order. If what you have read inspires you to learn more, then we’d love to talk.
- A minimum of 5 years conducting quantitative and qualitative research end to end (designing, executing, analyzing, and drafting actionable recommendations from primary research)
- Experience designing, executing, analyzing, and reporting on large scale market research studies.
- Experience scoping and running statistical modeling and analyses
- Experience using statistical software like SPSS/SAS
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in business, marketing, statistics or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Experience in grocery/ retail industry.
- US and international work experience.
- Master’s degree or higher in business, marketing, statistics or related field
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1675968