Requisition Number: 5236
Required Travel: 0 – 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Level of Experience: Senior
Employee Referral Bonus Amount: ERP Amount: $6,500
Huntington Ingalls Industries- Technical Solutions Division is looking for a Counter-Proliferation Analyst (Biological SME) to work in Fairfax, VA. As a Counter-Proliferation Analyst (Biological SME), you will serve as a biological subject-matter expert and technical authority with a focus on current/near-term events, plans, developments, and trends pertaining to the proliferation of WMD and biological events; issues impacting biological security; force protection; and force operability and survivability against a broad spectrum of nuclear, biological, chemical, and other WMD events. As a biological subject matter expert, you will conduct applied research on specific intelligence issues pertaining to the WMD threats to US and allied nations; provide written input to reports and briefings; assist with answering requests for information (RFI); assist in research and analytical data entries related to WMD; all for dissemination to Agency leadership and its personnel, Combatant Commands, and the Intelligence Community (IC). *CI *MV *EP
Essential Job Responsibilities
You will serve on a unique, multi-discipline team assisting Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), CCMDs, and IA and IC partners to fuse operations and intelligence information to enhance Whole of Government efforts against biological WMDs, threats, and counter-proliferation efforts, and the threat networks that facilitate or employ those threats. As a Counter-Proliferation Analyst with specialized experience in biological warfare and defense, you will analyze and produce intelligence products for DTRA focused on biological WMDs, and counter-proliferation threats using advanced all source analytic capabilities. You will apply expertise in biological WMD, counter-proliferation, and network analysis (Counter Threat Network), social network analysis, and command and control systems. You will serve as an All-Source Counter-Proliferation Intelligence Analyst with specialized experience in biological warfare and defense whose primary responsibility will be informing DTRA activities through structured research using multiple sources and analytic tool suites.
This position primarily provides services at the DTRA facility in the National Capital Region (NCR), however; there is an occasional requirement from some personnel to become embedded with deployed forces in an OCONUS theater of operation. This support may include deployments that are variable in length and rotational deployments that are short- (e.g., one month or less) or long-term (e.g., four to six months).
- 15 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 13 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 10 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 19 years relevant experience.
- Practical understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment
- Practical understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Practical understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, and SIGINT databases such as ICReach and Cultweave SIGINT.
- Practical understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.
- You must also possess the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Clearance- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI
- Previous experience with CBRN/WMD-related intelligence (to include counter-proliferation, pandemics, health/medical, biological preparedness, weapons technology, etc.)
- Scientific or technical education or background
- Experience with the DTRA including its planning processes
- Experience with the terminology used in the collection of data for chemicals, biologics, and WMDs and their proliferation
- Knowledge of advanced internet-based research, including Boolean logic, advanced research techniques, search engine, and database resources, and Internet sources, including social media, social networking tools, and commercial and industry-based databases.
- Experience accessing, researching, and exploiting global and regional digital platforms and PAI data.
- Expert understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the Biological WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment
- More than ten years of military experience, and/or a combination of military and IC Agency experience, including recent combat deployments, and be well-versed in all areas of military intelligence, WMD, and Counter-proliferation.
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
This opportunity resides with Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. From towers to processors, we design, develop, integrate and manage the sensors, systems and other assets necessary to support integrated intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations, exploitation and analysis for the Intelligence Community, the military services, geographic and functional combatant commands and DoD agencies.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.