Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed Technical Editor to join our Marketing & Design team. This position could require potential travel to RII San Antonio, and Alexandria, VA offices. Solve unique, challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global to local. Get s#it done.
This position requires a US Secret Security clearance and the ability to obtain/maintain a TS Security clearance.
What You Will Be Doing
- Copyediting technical documents.
- Business development documents, including proposals, whitepapers, and supporting documents and worksheets
- Major program deliverables, including user documentation and requirements workbooks
- Routine deliverables, including status reports
- Copyediting the website, as well as marketing and recruiting documents.
- Implementing, applying, and enforcing formatting and style templates.
- Implementing and standardizing document and presentation templates, including formatting and styles
- Maintaining templates that are portable between Word and Google Docs, and PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Performing conversions from Google Suite to Microsoft Office (e.g., proposals, contract deliverables)
- Proposal asset management.
- Ensuring all proposal volumes are formatted consistently
- Ensuring all volumes conform to submission requirements
- Version control of Microsoft Office assets in Google Drive
- Maintaining employee resumes and personnel matrices to support proposals
- Other responsibilities
- Maintaining and enforcing company writing style guide
What You Have Done
- Microsoft Office 2007+ experience (we use Office 2016 and 365)
- Intimate knowledge of Microsoft Word features relevant to copyediting and desktop publishing, including object placement, implementing templates, and managing styles
- Strong written English proficiency.
- Improve clarity and strengthen prose in a concise manner
- Translate technical jargon into more understandable, layman prose
- Identify hot buttons, including word choice that resonates with the target audience
- Soft skills.
- Communicate promptly and effectively with multiple, diverse business units, both locally (i.e., in person) and remotely (e.g., via Slack, Google Meet).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Google Suite experience, especially Google Docs and Google Slides.
- Implementing formatting and style templates that convert to and from Word and PowerPoint without requiring user correction
- Atlassian Confluence experience.
- Experience using page objects
- Organizing pages and spaces to facilitate rapid lookup
- Working experience or knowledge of the Shipley proposal writing process.
- Proposal writing support, including strength identification and normalizing voice
- Shredding customer documents and generating compliance matrices offline
- Ability to provide or implement tools facilitating this process is optimal
- Color Team support
- Graphics experience with Powerpoint or Google Slides.
- Ability to modify graphics last-minute in a classified setting
- Desktop publishing software experience, such as Canva.
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all 100% paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have a community manager and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.