Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Alpha School. Have you got what it takes?
The US education system is broken. And parents are part of the problem. They don’t know of the advances in learning science that allows kids to use apps to learn 10x faster. They are rightly skeptical of new fads and want school to be “the way I learned.” We have to evangelize to innovate.
At Alpha, we have attracted leading-edge families who have agreed to enter the new world. These people are super demanding – today’s meetings are with an F500 CEO, a famous book author, a billionaire entrepreneur, and a Grammy-winning musician. They are willing to experiment, but they have high standards for what their kids experience, both academically and socially.
If championing, educating, and problem-solving the future of education with these parents excites you, this is the job for you.
We believe learning science software – not teachers – enables students to learn up to 10x faster. We’re enabling future leaders, innovators, and world-changers to accelerate learning, tackle real-world problems, and develop essential life skills.
Alpha’s methodology is effective and radical, and educating parents on why our approach is the best one for their children is extremely difficult. This is not a role for someone who relies on charisma over credibility to build relationships or is used to handing off customer relationships once the sale is made. This role is for a highly confident individual who can convince parents to think differently and continue building their trust over the long run.
You will serve as the face of Alpha. You will dispel myths, win arguments with facts and logic, and educate the world on our disruptive approach to education. If you’re ready to tell the world about a better way to educate children, this role is for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Educating parents on why our revolutionary approach to education is superior to the traditional, centuries-old approach
- Hosting meetings to discuss Alpha with parents
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Overseeing day-to-day school operations
- Developing educational curriculum or learning apps
- Marketing, lead generation, or student admissions
- Changing our program or messaging due to pressure from unaligned parents
Consulting Manager Key Responsibilities
- Draw on facts, case studies, and real-world examples to win over the world and convert skeptics into adamant supporters
- 10+ years experience as a management consultant, working with C-suite executives
- Able to relate to the interests and concerns of parents
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise in relationship-building with discerning clientele
About Alpha School
Want to build better schools? Join the thriving community of Alpha. Alpha is a network of K-12 schools in Texas committed to redefining the way kids learn. Change starts with our three promises to students:
- Students love school.
- Students learn two times faster than in a traditional school.
- Students learn life skills.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $100 USD/hour, which equates to $200,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/password-recovery if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4834-US-Roanoke-ConsultingMana.002