Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory, Mabinogi and Vindictus, which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2022 for 2 years in a row! With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
Summary Of Position
The Compensation Manager is responsible for managing the compensation function for Nexon’s US Operations serving as the in-house expert for all things related to compensation.
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Design, analyze and administer compensation program
- Participate in compensation surveys
- Evaluate jobs and determine pay grades
- Oversee salary benchmarking process for all positions
- Lead pay equity review studies
- Conduct compensation analyses and modeling; identifies opportunity for improvements
- Review internal structure of job titles and salaries, make recommendations for improvements and consistency where appropriate
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition to advise HR partners and business leaders on compensation programs, business solutions, and external / internal offers for clients and / or functional area
- Lead annual salary increase and bonus process
- Monitor market trends and make program recommendations to ensure competitiveness
- Provide guidance in developing and implementing incentive programs that reward and drive business success
- Ensure compliance of compensation programs and practices within U.S. Federal and State regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain compensation policies and procedures
- 6+ years of Compensation experience required
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development or related discipline
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification required
- Strong customer focus and a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven creative problem-solver; action-oriented
- Superior Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- International experience, a plus
- Previous gaming or high-tech industry experience, a plus
- Previous start-up experience, a plus
- Minimal travel required around core HR Events (Annual Merit and Compensation Planning, etc.)
Nexon’s Benefits And Perks
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.