The Community Health Worker supports patients in connecting to resources to improve overall health and well-being, which includes basic health education and classes, community resources to support social needs and community health programs, such produce prescriptions programs. Provides patient support in the ambulatory care setting according to established standards of care in collaboration with Care Managers, Medical Providers and other members of the health care team.
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Weekday Schedule Monday-Friday
Education: High School Diploma/GED required.
High school plus specialized, short-term training in clinical, medical skills . Must be able to speak language of the population served.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Report changes in patient condition as reported by patient to Care Manager and/or Primary Care Provider as appropriate. Support patient and family teaching.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients, families and visitors.
- Keep current with community health care worker standards, PHS philosophy, and PHS programs in order to maintain quality.
- Maintains education development through participation in education programs current literature, inservice meetings and workshops
- Performs other functions as required.
- Interacts effectively with customers, providing instructions and information, both written and verbal as appropriate
- Participates in local, regional or state community health care worker events/meetings
- Builds relationships with community organizations to connect patients to local resources
- Provides education and resources to support chronic disease prevention and management
- Support local Community Health programs such as produce prescription programs, farmers’ markets, and health events and classes.
We offer more than the standard benefits!
Presbyterian employees gain access to a robust wellness program, including free access to our on-site and community-based gyms, nutrition coaching and classes, wellness challenges and more!
Learn More About Our Employee Benefits
Why work at Presbyterian?
As an organization, we are committed to improving the health of our communities. From hosting growers’ markets to partnering with local communities, Presbyterian is taking active steps to improve the health of New Mexicans. For our employees, we offer a robust wellness program, including free access to our on-site and community-based gyms, nutrition coaching and classes, wellness challenges and more.
Presbyterian’s story is really the story of the remarkable people who choose to work here. The hard work of our physicians, nurses, employees, board members and volunteers grew Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system that serves more than 875,000 New Mexicans.
About Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of patients, members and the communities we serve. We are a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, we are the state’s largest private employer with nearly 14,000 employees – including more than 1,600 providers and nearly 4,700 nurses.
Our health plan serves more than 580,000 members statewide and offers Medicare Advantage, Medicaid (Centennial Care) and Commercial health plans.
About Our Regional Delivery System
Presbyterian’s Regional Delivery System is a network of six hospitals and medical centers throughout rural New Mexico including locations in Clovis, Espanola, Ruidoso, Santa Fe, Socorro and Tucumcari. Our regional facilities are home to more than 1,600 clinical and non-clinical employees who help make Presbyterian the state’s largest private employer with nearly 14,000 statewide employees. With a variety of services ranging from general surgery to pediatrics to heart and cancer care, our regional employees are proud to provide close-to-home care for their communities.
We are part of New Mexico’s history – and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico continues to grow steadily in population and features a low cost-of living.
Varied landscapes bring filmmakers here from around the world to capture a slice of the natural beauty New Mexicans enjoy every day. Our landscapes are as diverse as our culture – from mountains, forests, canyons, and lakes, to caverns, hot springs and sand dunes.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it’s all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.