- Job Description
A creative and seasoned Solution Architect with 10+ years of proven record in managing and delivering complex products, solutions and services in on-premise and cloud hosted settings.You have a strong understanding of software development and can effectively convey solution architecture details to software engineering groups that are developing products.
You will have successfully delivered creative solutions for cloud services or software products that have resulted in significant impact on customer or market outcomes.
Your experience in high growth organizations, deep understanding of distributed systems, infrastructure software, SaaS, clouds native workload, will be needed to meet role expectations.
As a member of the VMware Cloud Platform Solutions Architecture team, you will lead the architecture and design for Cloud foundation solutions, understand customer impediments to deploy current and future application workloads on VCF and act as a liaison for product management and software development teams to bridge product gaps and feature requirements.
We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology – someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a ‘can do’ attitude. Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and VMware cloud partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on VMware’s cloud platform.
- Working with your peers, field services, principal engineers, architects, product management, and other partners to define the technical roadmap for the products and solutions in response to customer requirements.
- Lead and drive architecture and design for solutions, software and cloud service strategy in the ongoing evolution, growth and transformation of VMware Cloud Foundation..
- Ability and willingness to be a hands-on engineer; ensuring well-designed, high quality software resulting in high customer satisfaction.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical leaders within VMware and among customers and become trusted advocates of VMware’s cloud foundation product suite.
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
We are looking for someone with a customer first mindset, can-do attitude and ability to navigate ambiguous problems. The ideal candidate will:
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps.
- Will take the role of a lead technologist and bring deep understanding of technology, industry architectures and vertical market use- cases to the table.
- Have a Deep knowledge of next generation application & cloud platforms including but not limited to: Containers, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc. is a huge plus.
- Ability to see and present “the big picture” and offer solutions to make it better.
- Prior technical paper publications and public speaking engagements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
Technical undergraduate Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering degree required, and an advanced degree would be highly desirable.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-05-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.