What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
The primary purpose of the Billing Specialist position is master the day-to-day billing operations by ensuring clients are invoiced timely and accurately for professional services by utilizing efficient billing processes and responding to and resolving any billing related matters in a timely fashion. Another layer of the billing specialist role is ownership, which entails accountability, perspective and the ability to articulate intricacies of billing and foresight to identify inefficient processes and voice possible strategies for solution.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- 2-5 years of CPA or legal billing experience
- Understand billing overall mechanics and back-end billing transactions such as progress billing, closing out progress bills against WIP, clearing WIP, WIP write ups/downs, etc
- Understanding how the above billing transactions affect realization and other reporting metrics
- Active listening skills in order to understand what the requestor is asking for and having the foresight and knowhow in meeting expectations
- Effective communication skills in order to explain complexities of billing to senior level staff
- Critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning to identify efficient solutions to reach a desired outcome
- Show strong service orientation skills by actively looking for ways to help co-workers and clients
- Time management skills necessary to prioritize tasks and projects and strategically move through the day-to-day workflow
- Possess highly organized processes in order to juggle an intense amount of email requests and be able to deliver a timely and accurate work product
You Will (Job Responsibilities):
- Understand billing overall mechanics and back-end billing transactions such as progress billing, closing out progress bills against WIP, clearing WIP, WIP write ups/downs, etc.
- Understanding how the above billing transactions affect realization and other reporting metrics.
- Responsible for all aspects of billing transactions.
- Posting customer invoices in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Respond to and resolve customer billing/AR inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Perform month end and fiscal year end billing and accounts receivable close reconciliations and reporting activities as assigned.
- Collaborate with Billing Operations Management to develop and improve billing process.
- Participate in developing and documenting processes, procedures, and controls.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot order management and billing issues with appropriate resource and drive towards a solution.
- Maintain accurate client data in the time & billing system.
- Participate in monthly billing team meetings.
- Effectively communicate billing initiatives to client service staff, including partners.
- Onboarding new client staff billers to billing processes and procedures.
- Assist with Customer collections on an as needed basis.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you’re eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note – this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
BPM COVID Vaccination Policy
Effective July 1, 2021, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter our offices until further notice. Fully vaccinated means there has been a 2 full week period since the last vaccine. All employees must wear a mask until further notice.