AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
AHEAD is committed to a community of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and all other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives here at AHEAD.
We are on this journey to ensure that all AHEADians feel that they can authentically show up and belong at work.
Azure Managed Services Engineer
The Azure Engineer will assist in building automation and services to help clients operate their workloads and infrastructure, securely and cost-effectively in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of cloud-based platforms, especially AWS and Azure. This person will have experience with CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, and many services native to AWS and Azure, as well as cloud-based tools such as TerraForm, CloudCheckr, CloudGuard Dome9, Prisma Cloud, CloudHealth, and Cloudability. In addition, familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, production operations, and software deployment is important.
As an Azure Engineer you will excel at working directly with the client’s engineers to achieve their business objectives in the cloud.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Day to day – support and monitoring of client’s cloud-based infrastructure.
- Weekly discussions with clients to review outstanding issues and changes, and discuss proposals for improving the client’s environments,
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support cloud-based infrastructure.
- Configuration and tuning of cloud-based tools, managing cost, security, and compliance for the client’s environments.
- Provide consultation and monthly reports with respect to the client’s cloud-based infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant operational experience
- Associate level certification(s) in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors
- Experience developing CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, and Terraform templates
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows system administration
- Familiarity with scripting languages – Python, Bash, Powershell
- Experience with tools for managing Cost, Security, and Compliance in the Public Cloud – (e.g. CloudCheckr, CloudGuard Dome9, CloudHealth, Cloud Prisma, Cloudability)
- Experience with AWS native services – for example: IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Config, Lambda, Organizations
- Experience with Azure native services – for example: Policy, Cost Management, Active Directory, Lighthouse, Monitor/Log Analytics, Security Center
- Experience with service portals and ticketing systems for Incident and Change Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership
- Strong desire for personal development and learning
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Good familiarity with TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Understanding of scaling technologies and solutions
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.