Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
Empower’s Personal Wealth division is growing!
In this role as an Associate Retirement Advisor, you will join a team of experienced, licensed advisors who are responsible for relationship management and proactive education to core IRA customers. At the Associate level, you will work with customers with balances of $20-100k. Through outbound calls, you will engage in effective consultative conversations with the primary goals of retention and expansion of IRA customer’s relationship with Empower.
What You Will Do
- Manages inbound customer inquiries and provides quality education. Understands, assesses and meets customer needs or requests. Manages book of business (using SalesForce CRM) to expand current relationships and foster new relationships (ie, household). (55%)
- Makes proactive outbound welcome calls to provide education to IRA customer. Outbound call categories include: relationship calls to existing IRA customers, welcome calls to new customers, and product/service introductions and sales (ie managed accounts, income generating products). When appropriate and in the IRA owner’s best interest, maximize the use of Empower products and services, including Empower Advisory Services, offered by Advised Assets Group (AAG). (40%)
- Administrative duties: Documents calls using technological tools such as SalesForce. Uses organizational skills to track core IRA customer needs. Participates in training sessions and staff meetings, and sharing new knowledge with teammates. (5%)
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years financial services experience including advice/guidance, managed accounts and income products.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- REGISTRATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSING REQUIRED: FINRA Series 7, 63 and 65 registration(s) required within corporate-established timelines. FINRA Fingerprinting Required
What Will Set You Apart
- Proven sales and relationship building skills.
- Comprehensive PC skills including the ability to quickly learn Great-West’s record keeping system and SalesForce software.
- Solid practical understanding of Great West’s policies and procedures as well as Great-West product offerings preferred.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks in normal office working conditions.
What We Offer You
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus ten paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) – internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.