Actuarial – Actuarial
This position will be a member of the Individual Life Insurance (ILI) Pricing area within US Business Actuarial team. This position will work closely with other members of the Pricing team as well as other actuarial functions, such as Assumptions, & Modeling. This position will participate in a cross functional Agile Pricing Team, including representatives from Product Strategy and Design areas. The role will be responsible for supporting the pricing, repricing and development of products.
This individual will support a team responsible for:
- Modeling the pricing and repricing of new life insurance products
- Performance of regulatory testing and preparing materials for state filings
- Comply with risk and control frameworks
- Preparing presentations for oversight committees
- Performing sensitivity tests to quantify risk
- Assisting in implementing new functionality into our pricing models.
- Ad-hoc requests
- Ability to own/drive deliverables, manage time, and collaborate are required.
- Strong experience in Excel required
- Strong experience with actuarial projection software (e.g., GGY AXIS) preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience with Python and PowerBI preferred
- Actuarial exams progress preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in pricing and/or valuation and/or modeling preferred
- Experience with life insurance a plus
- Open to remote/virtual location outside of commutable Newark, NJ location.
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $108,000.00 to $160,700.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [email protected] for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email [email protected] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email [email protected] to request assistance.