Location: East Chicago, IN
Primarily remote, will need to go in-office on occasion
*We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related required
- 7-10 years of demonstrated hospital operations experience with extensive knowledge in ancillary, nursing administrative business processes
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience including hiring, performance management, salary administration
- Knowledge of various Operating System platforms a plus
- Knowledge of desktop technology a preferred
- Demonstrated experience in leading/directing team members
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Responsible for the IT system management of 95+ applications
- Prioritizes and assigns tasks to assigned staff and assures they are completed within the required time frames, according to the established schedules and priorities. Monitors projects and tasks, keeping management informed of status.
- Participates in planning, development, and implementation of IT goals. Mentors assigned staff to utilize departmental tools and systems. Performs other duties as assigned or as may be required to meet emergency situations
- Enforces policies and procedures established as hospital standards during the execution of assigned staff’s duties.
- Works closely with customers and IT staff from various departments to disseminate and coordinate planned application downtime events.
- Coordinates the training and documentation for the Application Support Staff regarding new and existing technologies within CHS.
- Tracks application service requests, coordinates assignments, and audits the work completed to ensure issues are resolved to the customers’ satisfaction and within the service level agreement timeframes. Escalates issues to the IT Management Group as necessary.
- Responsible for application life cycle management and ensuring the Application Portfolio is kept up to date. Makes budget recommendations based on application needs.
- Often required to function as a team member and at times represents the IT department in meetings as well as conduct meetings. Acts as the user advocate as necessary.
- Builds and continually adds to the IT knowledge database. Mentors, assists, and shares learned knowledge and skills with fellow IT members. Responsible for a collaborative work team to ensure positive working relationships.