As a Factory Application Engineer, you will have an opportunity to grow in your career by developing your technical, customer interfacing and marketing skillsets, while helping Advantest in developing new technological solutions to address the growing SSD market.
You will be supporting the MPT3000 product line and will have the opportunity to learn about the different storage protocols such as SATA, SAS and PCIe NVMe. Your responsibilities will include test program development (C, C++ or Python), system software/firmware/hardware validation and technical pre-sales/post-sales support.
The ideal candidate will need to have a good mix of technical competence, great attitude and interpersonal skills, as well as ability to work hard, be a team player, be flexible to travel and be self-motivated with desire to learn – directly contributing to Advantest growth and profitability.
- Developing software and hardware test solutions for SSD devices.
- Providing technical pre-sales support which include product demonstrations, device benchmarks, product competitive positioning in term of system features.
- Providing technical post-sales support which includes providing training and support to regional field applications engineers and Advantest customers.
- Supporting the validation of new hardware, firmware and software releases.
- Develop documentation, application notes and training materials of new hardware, firmware and software features.
- Create and deliver trainings or papers at seminars or conferences such as FMS.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence and motivate.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Additional Skills Preferred (but Not Required)
- Some knowledge of Python, Perl, Linux and GUI programming is a plus.
- Some knowledge in ATE, SSD Controller or SSD Testing is a plus.
- Some knowledge in PCIe/SATA/SAS/NVMe protocol is a plus. Some knowledge in memory such as NAND/NOR Flash or DRAM memory is a plus.
- Having any customer interfacing experience is a plus.