At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As a Senior Developer, you will participate in all aspects of the software development life-cycle which includes development, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of the applications developed. These applications include customer-facing websites and company/departmental intranet sites. As a team member working in an Agile/Scrum environment, collaborate with architects and other team members on translating wireframes/creative designs into functional & technical requirements and subsequently into a working application.
- Shepherd projects through to completion. Gather all appropriate business information, analyze environment, document technical requirements, and map requirements to a design. Code, test and debug to deliver final product. Work with Product Owner, Scrum Master and Business Analysts to understand and evaluate business activities.
- Develop, test, and implement internet and intranet applications using enterprise approved technologies, ensuring high performance and security when released to production. Assist with story creation and sizing for a projects. Work with Jira and Confluence to manage user stories, requirements, and support documentation.
- Serve as an expert in UI development, including knowledge of UX best practices and pattern library development. Design and build reusable AEM and UI components. Keep technical skills current and is well-versed in several areas of technology. Evaluate new products & libraries and recommend those that are appropriate for current or future working environment.
- Provide technical leadership for the development team, representing them in business-facing dealings, take ownership in the sprint delivery and resolve functional & technical issues.
- As a Senior Developer, ensure that quality of code is high for themselves as well as for other team members. Perform code reviews and ensure that the team adheres to common coding standards. Expected to lead, coach, and mentor junior team members and offshore developers.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with seven (7) plus years of software development experience – at least two (2) years of hands-on experience with AEM UI development
- Experience developing responsive web pages and with web accessibility (WCAG)
- Working knowledge of Apache Sling, Apache Felix, Apache and Application server logs, JCR, OSGI, RESTful web services
- Experience with Java, JSP, Servlets, Spring MVC, Angular and AJAX
- Ability to write well-designed, well-tested, high quality code in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with continuous integration, unit & automated test execution and build tools such as Jenkins & Maven
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) & analytical skills; must be team-oriented and deadline-driven
- Knowledge of financial services preferred
What We Offer
- Generous time-off provided: including “Responsible time off” for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.