For over 100 years, Nordstrom has created a reputation of Legendary Customer Service. As an Account Services Specialist, you will be an Ambassador for Nordstrom, handling inbound and outbound phone calls from customers in a virtual environment.
A successful candidate is compassionate, empathetic, enthusiastic, solutions-oriented, and committed to upholding the tradition of Nordstrom’s Legendary Customer Service. Our Account Services Specialists embrace technology and feel confident and comfortable working autonomously in a virtual environment.
This role is a fully remote, work from home position. Candidate location restrictions apply. Nordstrom is able to offer remote employment of this position in: Texas
Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday 7:55am-9pm CST / Friday 7:55AM – 8:00PM CST / Saturday: 7:55AM – 6:00PM CST / Sunday 12:00PM – 6:00PM CST
- Full-time positions
- Start times will vary upon business need
- Expect to work at least one weekend day per week
- Schedule flexibility is required and expected, including scheduled overtime during peak periods and holidays
Orientation: 1 week (Tuesday – Friday)
Training: Must successfully complete a training program (Monday – Friday)
- Eligible to earn incentive
- Work from home subsidy $50/month
A day in the life…
- Service past due accounts via inbound and outbound calls
- Adhere to and follow all relevant state and federal collection guidelines
- Negotiate payment solutions that bring in revenue
- Use a consultive approach to encourage future card usage
- Assist our card services customer service inbound call center as needed
- Utilize tools and knowledge base to solve problems quickly
You own this if you have…
- 6+ months collection-related experience and/or First party collections experience (preferred)
- 6+ months in customer service (required)
- The ability to be licensed by the state of Minnesota as a debt collector (required)
- The ability to handle a high volume of calls with detail and accuracy while delivering excellent customer experience
- A quiet, distraction-free, secure workspace
- The ability to work your entire shift using a computer while stationed at a desk, wearing a headset, and can turn on the camera when requested by leadership
- A high level of self-motivation, the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated computer experience and technical troubleshooting acumen, as well as the ability to navigate through multiple systems at once with dual monitors
- The ability to independently apply strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making-skills
- The ability to work with integrity and respect confidentiality
- Clear and professional communication skills with customers and co-workers, both verbally and written
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.